Aerodrome Camp Support Officer
The Aerodrome Camp Support Officer (ACSO) cooks and caters food for Wilkins Aerodrome, and manages kitchen/ablution hygiene. The ACSO maintains accurate records, performs stock control and re-orders food and consumables. This is done in partnership with Casey station Chefs and the Chef Advisor in Hobart.
The ACSO also undertakes a range of duties to maintain essential services at Wilkins Aerodrome. Some of the aviation duties include cargo/baggage handling, weather reporting, passenger liaison and first aid.
The Aerodrome Camp Support Officer is employed in a summer job only.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $65,019 per annum ($2493 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’✱ to start your application.