Building Services Supervisor
The Building Services Supervisor (BSS) is a working supervisor (comparable to a leading hand tradesperson). The BSS co-ordinates the on-site activities of a small group of multiskilled trades personnel, engaged in all operational aspects of the station buildings and infrastructure such as:
- water production
- power generation
- planned preventative and reactive maintenance needs of the buildings, infrastructure and services.
BSSs are employed in winter jobs at Casey, Davis, Mawson and Macquarie Island stations. Summer jobs may be available when required.
Important Note: Applicants must complete the online application for the BSS position. You must also apply for and be found suitable in your trade (carpenter, electrician, plumber, boilermaker/welder, etc.). If you do not complete an application for your trade, your application for BSS will not be assessed.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $78,566 per annum ($3012 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Mark Pekin on (03) 6232 3230.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’✱ to start your application.