Station Communications Technical Officer
As a Station Communications Technical Officer (COMMTECH), you will carry out routine and complex telecommunications maintenance. You will also make repairs and operate communications equipment. You may install or assist with the installation of complex telecommunications systems.
COMMTECHs are employed in winter jobs at Casey, Davis, Mawson and Macquarie Island. Summer or shorter winter jobs may become available.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $86,766 per annum ($3326 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Tom Luttrell (03) 6232 3218.
Successful applicants for this position will be required to obtain a security clearance. Due to the timeframe involved, non-Australian citizens are unlikely to be considered for appointment to this position.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application.