Branch: Assets and Infrastructure
Section: Antarctic Infrastructure
Executive Level 1 – Ongoing
Salary: $107,933 p.a. – $116,090 p.a.
The Project Engineer – Electrical Systems will provide electrical engineering expertise and project delivery capability to support the Antarctic Infrastructure Section’s work in providing new and upgraded Antarctic station infrastructure, whilst also supporting the operation and maintenance of the existing facilities. The work will involve a broad range of electrical technologies related to buildings, building services, power generation, water treatment and scientific research support.
The Project Engineer – Electrical Systems is responsible and accountable for the management of existing and proposed power, electrical and monitoring & control system assets, including:
- Provision of operational and maintenance direction with respect to proposed power, electrical and monitoring & control system assets. Contribute to the strategic direction with respect to power generation and electrical systems.
- Ensuring that the planning and overseeing of the maintenance of the existing power, electrical and monitoring & control assets are undertaken to attain and preserve maximum operational capacity.
- Managing the initiation, planning, development, procurement, execution and closure of maintenance, renewal, upgrade and new build projects at optimal value for money and within the set time.
- Contributing to the development of the Asset Management System and undertaking of the Capital Works Program by managing (and in some situations, undertaking) the planning, scheduling, procurement, design, documentation and construction monitoring and will ensure that safety and environmental risk management is incorporated into all aspects of the work.
How to apply:
- Download and complete the application cover sheet Word.
- Complete a statement of claims addressing your suitability for the position, with emphasis on recent work examples and their relevance to the key activities and responsibilities of this position, and in line with the APS Work Level Standards for this position – please ensure that you check the Work Level Standard appropriate to the actual classification of this position. This statement should be a maximum of 2 pages.
- Forward the Application Cover Sheet, statement of claims, a current Curriculum Vitae and the contact details for two referees (one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor), via email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Thursday 5pm (AEST) 15 April 2021
Note: Applications will not be acknowledged. Engagement may be subject to conditions including probation, qualifications, health and security/character clearance requirements. Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
A relocation allowance may be payable where the successful candidate is required to relocate to Southern Tasmania.