As a Plumber you will maintain, install and operate building services equipment and systems. This includes all internal/external reticulated pipe work.
Plumbers work in either summer or winter jobs; shorter winters may also be an option. Plumbers work at all three Antarctic stations as well as at Macquarie Island.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $66,319 per annum ($2542 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Tim Price on (03) 6232 3236.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below:
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A suitable trade certificate, technical certificate, apprenticeship or recognised equivalent such as Plumber.
- A White Card (issued after May 2009).
- A current, unrestricted “C” class (manual) Australian driver’s licence.
Industrial/commercial mechanical services and/or sanitary experience (usually at least 3 years post-trade).