As a Refrigeration Mechanic you will be part of the team which maintains and develops the Australian stations on the Antarctic continent and at Macquarie Island. Your will install and maintain station domestic and commercial refrigeration plant as well as assisting with general maintenance and construction as required.
Refrigeration Mechanics generally work in summer jobs only, with the station location dependent on requirements. Winter jobs are occasionally available when required for a specific project.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $65,019 per annum ($2493 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Andrew Plumridge (03) 6232 3234.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application.