As an Aerodrome Plant Operator you will construct and maintain Wilkins Aerodrome. Aerodrome Plant Operators are employed in either summer or winter jobs.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $66,319 per annum ($2542 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below.
- A valid, unrestricted Heavy Rigid (HR) licence
- A current Statement of Attainment to operate a front end loader (LL).