Deputy Wilkins Aerodrome Manager
The Deputy Wilkins Aerodrome Manager (2IC) is responsible for the day to day tasking and supervision of staff at Wilkins Aerodrome. The 2IC works in direct consultation with the Wilkins Aerodrome Manager (WAM). You will have a high level of communication skills, and the ability to deal with a wide range of complex situations in a remote environment. This is a hands-on role which will require you to operate a wide range of heavy and light machinery, in the maintenance and operation of the Aerodrome, along with servicing the needs of ground support requirements for a wide range of aircraft. The role also requires you to fill the position of WAM when the WAM is offsite.
The 2IC is employed at Wilkins Aerodrome in a summer job only.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $86,766 per annum ($3326 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application.