Wilkins Aerodrome Manager
As winter Aerodrome Manager at Wilkins/Casey you will be responsible for the on-site management of the Wilkins Aerodrome, in particular the pack up and reinstatement of the Aerodrome to an operational level, including but not limited to the Wilkins camp infrastructure. This is a hands on role and requires a good skill level of plant operation coupled with excellent leadership and problem solving skills.
The winter Aerodrome Manager is a winter only position, located at Casey Station for most of the winter period.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $98,603 per annum ($3780 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
To discuss your application, please ring 1800 030 755 for general information or contact Aviation on (03) 6232 3436 or email@example.com for position specific matters.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application.