As winter Aerodrome Manager at Wilkins/Casey you will be responsible for the on-site management of the Wilkins Aerodrome, in particular the pack up and reinstatement of the Aerodrome to an operational level, including but not limited to the Wilkins camp infrastructure. This is a hands on role and requires a good skill level of plant operation coupled with excellent leadership and problem solving skills.
The winter Aerodrome Manager is a winter only position, located at Casey Station for most of the winter period.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $100,575 per annum ($3855 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licenses listed below:
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A valid, unrestricted Heavy Rigid (HR) licence
- A current Statement of Attainment to operate a front end loader (LL)
Recent hands-on experience (within the last 5 years):
- Experience and current capability in the operation of relevant plant
- Sound knowledge of maintaining a heavy and light equipment fleet
- Relevant construction, project or operations experience
- Ability to work under time pressure with a flexible approach to working hours
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
- Note: Aviation staff winter over and are required to open Wilkins at the end of winter each season. Each winter-over staff member must have at least 3 months operating at Wilkins during the summer months within the last 3 years.