As a Boilermaker/Welder you will safely operate metal working machinery and welding bays. You will assist in the erection, cladding and fit out of new buildings and maintenance of existing infrastructure.
Boilermaker/Welders are employed in summer jobs. Winter positions may be available when required for a specific project.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $66,319 per annum ($2542 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Ken Barrett (03) 6232 3607.
Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role if you must have the skills and licences listed below.
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A suitable trade certificate, technical certificate, apprenticeship or recognised equivalent as Boilermaker/Welder.
- A White Card (issued after May 2009).
- A current, unrestricted “C” class (manual) Australian driver’s licence.
Recent hands-on experience (within the last 5 years):
- Metal fabrication and repairs involving a wide range of materials varying from low temperature carbon steel to stainless steel, incorporating the appropriate best work practices and procedures.
- MIG, TIG, aluminium, stainless steel and hardox welding.
- Experience in the building construction industry.
- Structural steel erection techniques.
Broad general experience within the trade (usually at least 5 years post trade).