Station Mechanical Supervisor
As a Station Mechanical Supervisor you will manage the station mechanical section's operations. You will be responsible for
- the effective operation and mechanical maintenance of power houses
- the maintenance of mobile and stationary mechanical plant
- the management of fuel farms and other fuel and lube storage
- the management of the mechanical workshop
- the management of mechanical spares and consumable stock, and
- the endorsement of expeditioners to operate vehicles and mechanical plant.
As well as management and supervision, you will perform mechanical work and operate equipment as part of the mechanical team.
Station Mechanical Supervisors work in winter jobs at Casey, Davis and Mawson research stations.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $78,566 per annum ($3012 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Cameron Frost (03) 6232 3219.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’✱ to start your application.