As a Station Plant Operator you will operate and maintain a range of plant and equipment used for construction and maintenance activities.
The Station Plant Operator is a summer job only. Station Plant Operators are employed at Casey, Davis, Mawson and Macquarie Island stations.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $59,071 per annum ($2264 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Cameron Frost (03) 6232 3219.
To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a resident of Australia with a valid visa granting appropriate work rights in Australia.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below:
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A White Card (issued after May 2009).
- A valid, unrestricted Heavy Rigid (HR) licence.
- Recent hands-on plant operation experience.