As a Station Supply Officer you will provide supply chain management support to the Australian Antarctic Program. This role will undertake essential supply and logistics functions that will ensure efficient and effective provisioning, operational logistics, equipment accounting, stock control, warehousing and distribution, movement and transportation of cargo for sea and air transport.
The Station Supply Officer is primarily a summer role, with the possibility of winter positions. This role works at all three Antarctic stations and Macquarie Island.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $74,469 per annum ($2855 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor, Mark Skinner on (03) 6232 3416.
Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below:
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A valid Forklift (High Risk) Licence.
- A current, unrestricted “C” class (manual) Australian driver’s licence.
Recent hands-on experience (within the last 5 years):
- Warehousing and inventory management in a high risk, fast paced work environment;
- Use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel);
- Handling, packing and manifesting of hazardous substances and dangerous goods for intermodal transport;
- Packing and securing cargo into Cargo Transport Units (CTUs).