As a Station Supply Officer you will provide supply chain management support to the Australian Antarctic Program. This role will undertake essential supply and logistics functions that will ensure efficient and effective provisioning, operational logistics, equipment accounting, stock control, warehousing and distribution, movement and transportation of cargo for sea and air transport.
The Station Supply Officers fill both summer and winter positions at all three Antarctic stations and at Macquarie Island.
The Australian Antarctic Program’s (AAP) vision is to ensure Antarctica is valued, protected and understood. Working with the AAP provides a unique opportunity to experience Antarctica and the Southern Ocean, while supporting world-leading science.
The AAP aims to support expeditioner growth, professionally and personally, with a focus on wellbeing. We strive to employ versatile, proactive and community minded people. Expeditioners will need to contribute to a small team and be resilient as they face the challenges of living in an isolated environment.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description document and link to more information on the application process below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $77,477 per annum ($2,970 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $63,437 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For general enquiries, please use our contact form to speak to the Recruitment team.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor, Mark Skinner on (03) 6232 3416.
You must be an Australian citizen, Australian resident with work rights in Australia, or a New Zealand citizen. Please note: Jobs requiring a security clearance are only open to Australian citizens. Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below:
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A valid Forklift (High Risk) Licence.
- A current, unrestricted “C” class (manual) Australian driver’s licence.
Recent hands-on experience (within the last 5 years):
- Warehousing and inventory management in a high risk, fast paced work environment;
- Use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel);
- Handling, packing and manifesting of goods for intermodal transport into Cargo Transport Units (CTUs).