The Station Support Officer positions will be based at Casey and Davis Stations in Antarctica for the duration of the Summer Season and will be responsible for providing general kitchen support and hotel housekeeping duties and related support tasks at an Antarctic station.
The Australian Antarctic Program’s (AAP) vision is to ensure Antarctica is valued, protected and understood. Working with the AAP provides a unique opportunity to experience Antarctica and the Southern Ocean, while supporting world-leading science.
The AAP aims to support expeditioner growth, professionally and personally, with a focus on wellbeing. We strive to employ versatile, proactive and community minded people. Expeditioners will need to contribute to a small team and be resilient as they face the challenges of living in an isolated environment.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description document and link to more information on the application process below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $71,068 per annum ($2,724 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $65,341 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For general enquiries, please use our contact form to speak to the Expeditioner Resourcing team.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor, Noel Tennant via email email@example.com .
You must be an Australian citizen, Australian resident with work rights in Australia, or a New Zealand citizen. Please note: Jobs requiring a security clearance are only open to Australian citizens. Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below:
Recent hands-on experience (within the last 3 years):
- Demonstrated experience in cleaning or janitorial work in an accommodation facility (for example field camp, cruise ship, hotel housekeeping), and/or
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial or industrial kitchen (including basic food preparation, cleaning of kitchen area including doors, floors, equipment, cleaning of industrial cookware, crockery, mess facilities, and sanitisation of common areas).
- Demonstrated experience working under a work, health and safety system.
- Proven customer service experience and skills.