As a Communications Rigger, and part of a two-person rigging team, you will carry out maintenance on masts and antenna systems at Antarctic stations. You may also be required to remove masts and erect new antenna systems.
This is a summer job only available at any or all stations as required.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the job description and general information for applicants documents below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $66,319 per annum ($2542 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $60,974 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Kim Briggs (03) 6232 3604.
Applications from persons who are not Australian citizens will usually only be considered where there are no suitable Australian applicants.
To apply for this role you must have the skills and licences listed below.
Qualifications/licences (provide copies in your application):
- A current advanced rigger certificate, valid in Australia.
- A current Working at Heights Certificate.
- A current, valid Elevated Work Platform licence.
- You must have completed Tower Rescue training and your qualification is still current.
- You must have completed RF Awareness Training.
- A current, unrestricted “C” class (manual) Australian driver’s licence.
Skills and experience (4–5 years or more is preferable):
- Erection and maintenance of guyed masts, freestanding towers and antenna systems (HF and VHF radio antennas) and associated cabling/feeder systems.