Information Technology Officer
As an Information Technology Officer (ITO) you will provide information and communications technology (ICT) support services on station. You may install or assist with the installation of ICT infrastructure. You may assist the Station Communications Technical Officer with networking infrastructure.
ITOs are employed in summer jobs at Casey and Davis stations. Ship-based ICT support roles may also be selected from suitable ITO applicants.
For more detailed information about the requirements of the role and the selection process, please see the ‘How to apply’ section below.
- The annual base salary (while in Australia) is $73,009 per annum ($2779 per fortnight before tax).
- Additional allowances totalling $59,778 per annum are payable while working in Antarctica.
- A generous employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4% will be paid in addition to salary and allowances.
- You will accrue recreation leave at the equivalent of 20 days per annum pro rata. Please note that recreation leave is not available in Antarctica, but will be paid out on return to Australia.
For job specific (technical or trade related) enquiries, or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the technical supervisor Sangeeta Lall (03) 6232 3420.
Successful applicants for this position will be required to obtain a security clearance. Due to the timeframe involved, non-Australian citizens are unlikely to be considered for appointment to this position.
How to apply
- Read General information for applicants. This is an overview of the recruitment and selection process.
- Review the job description. This describes the job and specifies essential qualifications and experience. It also tells you what documents you need to attach to your application.
- Have your documents ready to attach (eg licences, qualifications and current CV/résumé). You must include these to be considered for the job.
- When you have completed steps 1 to 3 above, click ‘Apply Now’ to start your application.